Monday 26 January 2015

Day One: Feeling Smooth



I am feeling quite pleased about the acquisition of my brand new half-price (£15), Smoothie 2 Go from Kenwood.




I have a vision of achieving a slimmer physique and glowing skin in a number of days simply as a result of handing over my visa card at the till..

Wait – What do you mean I have to do more? Ugh.. ok. Let me work this out.


Two hours on Pinterest.. and a couple of ‘have you seen the new Marvel trailer for… ‘ and ‘..did you see that video of the gymnasts doing those crazy ab-crunching exercises?’ texts, and I have dragged myself BACK to my original purpose. Smoothie recipes.




Oh. Ok, this doesn’t look like too much work. I can do this! 

I start by rummaging in the kitchen. Red apples, cucumbers, and lemons.

Hmn.. I don’t so.

I decide to pop out for fruit and veg.

As I lay my new acquisitions on the kitchen counter, I wonder what was I thinking when I picked up the two grapefruits?

I had no clear plan for those, but I set to dividing the rest of my purchases into clear plastic bags (as seen on Pinterest – be prepared to read that phrase a LOT if you stick with this blog).

Throwing the sealed bags into the freezer, I remember I have every intention of making my first smoothie immediately – and pull one bag out again.

Two minutes later I also remember I have a ‘single-portion’ blender, not a family sized one, and resign myself to pulling selected ingredients out of the self-seal bag and wedging them bit by bit, into the blender cup for processing..

This prep-thing will improve.

Half of the fruit and veg in the freezer bag, fits into the blender cup.

Note: Small freezer bags next time, not medium.

My first smoothie is comprised of the ingredients below.


Smoothie by a Smoothie
Half a banana
One handful of grapes
One quarter of a peeled lemon
As much spinach as I could squeeze into the cup
Coconut water (from a can, because who has time?)



I can’t downplay the delight I feel as I blend it up.. LOOK - it’s working!

Taste test.. 

...nice! Mission accomplished.
















No comments:

Post a Comment